Performers, dancers and singers demand a lot from their bodies, and training schedules plus performances can create loads that can contribute to injury risk. City Physio provides specialised Performance Physio services that include Pre Point and Tertiary Dance Assessments, Vocal Unloading and expert treatment of those involved in all forms of dance, performance, circus arts and musical theatre.
Young dancers are also susceptible to injuries and a little guidance to ensure each dancer is ready to progress in their dancing journey can hopefully prevent unwanted injuries and pain.
- Pre Pointe Assessments
- Tertiary Dance Assessments
- Performance-specific physio (all forms of dance, circus arts, musical theatre) with a
- focus on injury prevention, performance efficiency and maintenence
- Expert hands on treatment and focused exercise prescription
Vocal physiotherapy is the treatment of the myofascial, muscular and cartilaginous structures of the larynx and the surrounding perilaryngeal region to assist in the efficient vocal fold vibration and voice production. It works to break the neuromuscular cycle to enhance performance and achieve the most efficient voice production possible.
Treatment and assessment is individualised to reflect the individuality of voice production and each person’s individual vocal demands and goals.
Your assessment and treatment may include the following areas:
- Posture (head, neck, lumbopelvic)
- Cervical Spine
- TMJ (Temporomandibular joint commonly known as the jaw)
- Scapular kinematics
- Breathing patterns (deep abdominal musculature)
City Physio has expertly trained physiotherapists on staff who have an extensive backgrounds in musical theatre, circus arts and performance. We make all of our Performance Physiotherapy appointments 45minutes to ensure a thorough assessment, treatment and future planning with the performer.